Add the beauty, elegance and durability of real stone with the ease of installation of thin stone veneers. Made of reclaimed and recycled natural stone, Realstone is a great feature for interior or exterior applications.
Things to consider:
- Can be installed over drywall, painted brick or plaster with lath or wire mesh.
- To insure proper fit and color distribution, do a dry layout of the application in front of surface to be installed.
- Keeping stone work free from mortar droppings prevents time consuming clean up later (Wet mortar can be removed with a damp cloth).
- Install corner pieces first, start from the bottom and work up.
- Make sure your surface is clean and free of any loose particles.
- If necessary install metal lath or cement board over any unsuitable surface.
- Apply a 1/2” thick scratch coat with a notched trowel to the area.
- Slightly rake horizontal grooves into the scratch coat and allow drying time of at least 24 hours.
- Cover the back of each panel with a 1/2” thick, even layer of mortar with a bonding agent.
- Press your stone to the wall, tap with rubber mallet gently to ensure a bond.
- After 36 hours clean the stone and seal if desired.
For more information go to www.axmaq.cn or call us at 610-259-8840
* These are general guidelines for most applications for interior panel veneers and intended to indicate the scope of such a project. Your own application may require additional explanation which State Road Builders is happy to provide. This is not intended to be your final installation instructions.